Hello and welcome to the new Lesyt.
At Lesyt we have strived to create a new platform that is designed for releasing translations, not blogs. We are still working on the site and improving it, but we have reached a point where we can present you the site. So let me get into why you should release using our platform.
Not joining a group
Many of you hesitate before joining a group because you are afraid of the rules and limitations it will put on you, and that you will have to follow its' deadlines.
But don't worry. There is no such thing if you join us.
- You will have all the freedom you want, we won't put any of the restrictions you expect from a group.
- You can choose your own novel to translate.
- You can translate at your own pace, we won't interfere.
- You recruit your own staff. We will give you the tools to do so, people will be able to apply to you directly, we are still working on this feature.
- You will enjoy the larger and growing readerbase you would expect from a group, unlike having to go on your own.
- In fact, you can have your OWN group and group name displayed on top. This feature is still a little far off, but we will work on implementing it as soon as we have the time to do so.
- Commenting system: We are using Disqus. And we will be looking into a way to implement a feature that would let you add your own Disqus code so that you can monitor everything yourself.
No need to create your own website
When you create your own website, there is a lot of hassle that goes with it. And there's a lot of things that can go wrong, especially if you don't have much knowledge of web development, and despite all its plugins, Wordpress doesn't make that easier. By joining us, you remove all of that hassle.
Here is what you can expect not to have to deal with:
- Domain names: For a proper website, you need a good domain name. Although you could also still use the yourgroupname.wordpress.org, or whatever, but it doesn't look that professional. And if you do opt to get a domain name, you will also have to pay for it, and also pay for the privacy option if you want to keep your information private.
- Hosting: Now this something that is extremely crucial, a bad hosting can be very annoying, we know from experience. At Lesyt we currently have one of the best hostings available, it is just one step away from dedicated hosting, which we will do when the need arises.
It is another expenditure that can cut into your wallet, especially when you start and don't really have much of a income from the translations. If you opt for better hosting, it can be pretty sizable too.
- Creating the website: Creating the website itself is a big hassle.
This is all a very big hassle and most just chose to get Wordpress to not have to deal with it and then chose some generic theme. This results in a generic website.
- What CMS will you use?
- Do you even know what CMS's are?
- Will you develop it yourself?
- How much time will or can you spend on it?
- And what about that theme, which will you go for?
- Will you have to theme it yourself?
Therefore, you let us deal with all the hassle while you focus on translating. No need to waste time on this extra hassle.
In the future, we will work on implementing a feature where groups will be able to choose their own theme(s) from a list of themes. And even add their own CSS files if they want to customize the looks.
- Ads: If you want to monetize your website, then comes the hassle of looking for an Ad network, implementing the ads and of course, dealing with the adblockers.
But you let us deal with that, we have already provided ads, and you automatically earn income based on the views you receive, just check your report page. Your revenue will also grow as you release more chapters.
That's all good and well, but let's talk money
Gladly. Even if you are doing this out of the goodness of your heart and don't really expect to be paid, who does not enjoy a bit of extra income?
We have worked on creating features that will benefit you in every way, and it is up to you to use them:
- As mentioned before, you automatically earn revenue based on the views that you receive. And as the amount of chapters you release increases, your RPM (Revenue Per 1000 views) also increases automatically.
- Add your own Patreon, Ko-fi, Paypal, etc.. button to the sidebar: To increase your revenue, you can add a system where you could release more chapters a week or month based on the whether you have reached the goal.
There is even a progressbar that you can update yourself by just adding the amount. The code is automated.
- We will do you one better! We have implemented a feature that will save you the 5% patreon (or others) fee and the final 1-2% processing fee. You will only have to worry about the initial regular Paypal processing fee.
You can create a button in Paypal, all you have to do is add a very small code, that we have already prepared for you, in the button. And just post that button on the sidebar. And set your goal. The rest, the system will handle itself. The payment gets relayed and everything will get updated automatically. Even the names of the sponsor, if they wish to display their names.
Your goal and progress will be visible directly on the website, no need to use a third-party site like Patreon. And if you are still confused, the money goes DIRECTLY to YOUR Paypal, we don't come inbetween.
That's all good and well, but what's the catch?
Yes, there is a small caveat, but it is there to help the site run: There is an automatic system in place that turns 1 in 25 chapters into VIP chapters.
The way it works is whenever you hit a multiple of 25 chapters, you will have an extra vip chapter at the latests chapters.
For example: if you have 133 chapters (divided by 25 and rounded down), you will have 5 VIP chapters, which would be chapters 129,130,131,132 and 133. When you release ch 134, it will shift to 130,...133, 134.
This system is in place because ad revenue has drastically decreased lately AND over 55% of our users has Adblock on. This helps pay our and your bills.
Have we convinced you yet? Would you like to join? Use the recruitment form to apply. Let us know what novel you want to work on, what it's name is, etc... We will create the data, after that you will be responsible for it yourself. Don't forget to create a user, it won't work without that.
But in any case, we WILL improve the design in the future. If there is anything you would like to suggest, use the contact us form.